Travelling After Camp

Another amazing thing about spending your summer working at a summer camp is the opportunity to travel the USA after! America is HUGE and so you might find yourself spoilt for choice in terms of places you want to visit within your given time frame (and with your available funds!). 

I travelled to so many amazing places in my two years as a Camp Counsellor and I have been able to see so many incredible things! I was able to travel with friends I made at camp and we all had so many ideas of where we wanted to go and how we wanted to see each place. Organising your trip can be daunting but it is important. We experienced our fair share of unforeseen misfortunes along the way but it only made the overall experience more memorable. 

I have considered all of the places I visited over my two summers and come up with a list of my top 4 favourite places that you should definitely consider visiting. 

4. New York


Everyone has to visit New York at least once in their life. It is such a busy city with so much to offer. From sprawling central park to the incredible sunset skyline, it is somewhere everyone can fall in love with. I was lucky enough to stay with a camp friend who actually lives on the Upper West Side and experienced the true buzz of big city life. 


3. San Francisco

 San Francisco was nothing short of amazing. It may be fog-shrouded but it is iconic. There was so much for us to do and a highlight of our stay there was definitely hiring bikes and cycling across the Golden Gate Bridge – even if we were a hat down by the time we reached the other side… 


2. Nashville

 This Music City has so much to offer and allowed me to create so many amazing memories in just a short visit. The buzz of the city and the friendly nature of the people who live there definitely drew us in. It has an incredible history starring legends such as Elvis Presley and Dolly Parton. It literally ticks all the boxes and I would definitely recommend it. 


1. Yosemite
Yosemite is a national park located in California’s Sierra Nevada mountains. It takes the spot for my favourite place I visited throughout my travels. Spending time there with amazing friends in front of the stunning views was truly incredible. It’s beautiful valleys and crystal waterfalls took my breath away. It was nice to have a break from the busy city setting and explore nature at its finest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 reasons why applying to be a camp counsellor is the best thing you will ever do

Things I wish I knew then

Montréal, Québec